Who we are
The National Retail Planning Forum is a charitable company registered in England and Wales (company no: 3071181) (registered charity no: 1059869)
- What we collect
- What we do with the information that we gather
- Links to other websites
- Your choices and obligations
- Rights to access and control your personal data
- Other important information
The Forum is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Forum may change this policy from time to time and we will contact you to let you know of any substantive changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Financial payment information from member organisations
What we do with the information that we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To improve our products and services
- To send updates and information we think you and your colleagues may be interested in as part of supporting professional development, including news, best practice and research findings, events, etc.
- To enable the effective running of events, ie. bookings, sharing your name and organisation on delegate lists with other delegates and speakers
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you personally. We may contact you by email or phone.
- To customise the website according to your interests in the future
- If you are a member of any of the Forum’s governance bodies your data will be shared with the other members of that body to enable its effective function
- To inform Forum members of statutory events such as the AGM
The Forum will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to any third party. This information will only be given to other organisations when we have your consent.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter emails. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletters. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to our mailings at any time of by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing email@example.com
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use Google Analytics on occasions to collect information about how visitors use the website. This measurement service enables us to monitor and improve how the Forum’s website is used. These cookies collect your data anonymously.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
This website may provide links to a number of external websites. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that the Forum is not in anyway responsible for the privacy practices or content of these sites.
Your choices and obligations
We keep most of your personal data for as long as you are in contact with us.
We keep some of your data even after you end your relationship with us if it relates to a previous event for which payment was received.
Rights to access and control of your personal data
You can arrange to see the personal data that the Forum holds for you and can arrange for it to be deleted or amended.
If you wish to amend or delete the personal data we hold on your behalf please contact: