The National Retail Planning Forum (NRPF) is a not-for-profit company and registered charity.
It is a cross-sector membership based organisation that aims to bring together retail firms, investment institutions, property development companies and planning consultants and other retail specialists with government, local government, professional institutions and the academic and research sector.
It seeks to:
- Promote a better understanding of the nature of the retail trade and commerce and the impact on these of the planning system
- Improve understanding between private and public sectors on retail planning issues
- Identify and disseminate best practice
- Ensure that retail planning issues are addressed effectively in planning education
- Promote a collaborative programme of research, workshops and events to raise awareness
Forum workshops are held on a regular basis with presentations from experts in the retail planning field, providing an opportunity for informed debate. Events for invited audiences have recently considered The Implications for Retail Planning and Town Centres of the National Planning Policy Framework and The Challenges for Small Towns, which was run in partnership with the Action for Market Towns.
The NRPF Research Group commissions studies on issues of interest to retailers, investors, developers and planners. The studies not only further research but also generate debate between the Forum’s membership and aim to assist in the development of retail planning policy at the national level.
For information about this site contact email@example.com